Hanging Garden Near Bhiwandi
One a fine whether day you would definitely want to spend some quality time with your family members, then why not go to the hanging garden near Bhiwandi? If you live on the outskirts of Mumbai then the Hanging garden is the perfect place for a day long outing.
Built in 1881 over a water reservoir, the hanging garden near Bhiwandi has become a must see place in if you stay around Mumbai. Mumbai’s proximity to Bhiwandi makes the spot a much sought after place especially during the weekends. The main reason of building it was to create a water reservoir to protect water from getting contaminated by the nearby tower of silence (burial ground of the Zoroastrians’). The garden is perched on the slopes of Malabar hills; a posh residential area of south Mumbai. It is also known as the Pherozeshah Mehta Garden.
Key features of Hanaging Garden
- It is easily accessible and is a great visual treat to nature lovers.It is full of beautiful and colorful flowers. You can also spot numerous rare plants.
- You will be amazed to see various animal shaped hedges.
- There is a very famous flower sundial that measures time by the position of the sun.
- Next to the sundial there is a clock tower at the center of the garden.
- In the evenings, the water fountains add to much delight to visitors
- From top of the garden you can enjoy a bird’s eye view of Marine Drive and the very famous Chowpatty of Mumbai. If you want to enjoy the spectacular view of sunset from the hanging garden, make sure you reach the garden before noon or by early evening.
- A small playground for kids to play around.
- The garden is located very near to the Kamal Nehru Park.
The garden is the perfect spot for photography and also a good spot for picnic with your friends and family. The most wonderful thing is that, enjoying the nature at its best is absolutely free! Yes you are right, you don’t have to pay a single penny to enter the garden. Entry is free.
Location of Hanging Garden
The garden is located directly opposite to the Kamala Nehru Park on the highest point of south Mumbai, at a height of approximately 50 meters from the sea level. You can enjoy the scenic view of the Marine Drive, famously known as the ‘Queens Necklace’ along with enjoying the serenity and peaceful atmosphere of the garden.
The exact address of the Pherozeshah Mehta Garden is Babulnath, Simla Nagar, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006.
Best time to visit Hanging GardenIn winters you can visit the garden on any clear sunny day. For those who do not like to walk under hot sun might prefer some shady day. The hanging garden is open on all days from 5 am to 9 pm. The suitable timings and well maintained pathways also make it a favorite place for early morning joggers and yoga enthusiasts.
How to reach from BhiwandiMumbai is easily accessible from Bhiwandi, Thane. The spot is about 50 kms from Bhiwandi and takes approximately 2 hours by road. It is very well connected by roads. You can take the Walkeshwar Road from Marine Drive to reach the hanging garden. The nearest railway station is the Grand Road Railway Station. The closest local train station is Charni Road Station and from there the hanging garden is just another 20 minutes.
The hanging garden near Bhiwandi is an awesome place to relax with family and friends. You must visit it.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0